- 2016 Tournament Results
- 2017 Tournament Results
- 2018 Tournament Results
- 2019 Tournament Results
- 2020 Proposed Schedule
- 2020 Season
- 2021 Season
- 2021 Team Trail
- 2021 Youth Season
- BASS Nation
- Fish Care
- Indian Lake Results
- Message from OBN President
- OBN Annual Meeting
- OBN College Event
- OBN High School
- OBN HUK Discount
- OBN Point Standings
- OBN Youth
- Ohio Bass Nation
- Rocky Fork
- Rocky Fork Results
- State Team
- Team Club
- Team Club Pairings
- Team Trail
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- November 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
Launch at 7:00 am Saturday and Sunday, North Shore Boat Launch. Check in starts at 5:30 am both days. “Make sure you know the rules”. Weigh-in at 3:00pm. “Be sure to bring any Parental Release or Boat Captain forms with you” any questions call Johnny Holton 513-678-5345.
From the Tournament Directors Front Deck:
The Ohio Bass Nation presents the First Team Bassmaster Championship Trail Event for 2022 on Indian Lake. This event will be 1 of 4 events that determine the Ohio Team Champions. This event is a two-man team event. You do not need to be a OBN member to compete. There is no official off limits other than what is designated below and to the Tournament Director’s discretion prior to launch. The rules for the tournament will mirror the Bassmaster Open Rules with Modifications. See the OBN Website for official rules. Each team is responsible for knowing the rules along with the laws in Ohio. Livewell checks will be conducted in the parking lot prior to launch, kill switches will be checked, and lights operational to launch. Safety must be observed. If your light does not work you won’t be able to launch until safe light or you get your lights working (whichever happens first). Fish Care is very important to the OBN and B.A.S.S, so please be prepared to exemplify the best fish care that you can to help ensure that no casualties will occur during the event. Volunteers to run fish to be released outside the launch area would be greatly appreciated!! If you are interested in running fish please contact me via cell Brandon Osting 419-230-6145. You will need to check in with me prior to launching your boat in the water for official briefing.
Where: Indian Lake – Lakeview Ramp
When: April 23rd, 2022
We need to have all competitors to check in by 6:00am Official Sunrise is predicted at 6:45am Flight 1 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Flight 2 7:15 AM to 3:15 PM (if required)
Weigh in starts approximately 3:15 PM (50/50 Raffle tickets will be sold)
Any off limits will begin at 2:00 PM. No fishing inside the launch area designated by TD. Registration for this can be done online at www.ohiobassnation.net or at the ramp by 6am.
Brandon Osting – Tournament Director/VP (419) 230-6145
Also posted on rules page
Ohio BASS Nation Board Meeting Minutes – February 19, 2022
Board Member Attendance: Brian Mailot, Will Presley, Al Evans, Johnny Holton, Danny Ryan, Matt Bertram
Some club presidents and members were also in attendance.
BASS Roster System
- BASS has a new roster system that all club presidents will be required to use to update rosters and pay Nation dues. There is currently no way to get reports from the system. We will need to manually check if members entering tournaments are active and have paid dues.
- It was proposed that we require all club presidents to send a report of all members who are active and have paid dues prior to tournaments. Danny will send an email to presidents with this requirement.
- Danny said that we have been sent an Alliance package from BASS. This include 1 prop and 5 cases of Mercury oil that will be used for fund raising.
- Danny motioned that we accept the package, second by Matt Bertram. All in favor.
- Will has permits for all tournaments. We don’t have any lakes set as backups if needed.
- We need to come up with other fund-raising ideas. A gun raffle was mentioned and we will need to decide how we want to proceed.
- Danny sent state team letters and contracts to all qualifiers and alternates. All state team members will be responsible for entering the tournament and paying fees. OBN will reimburse for entry fees and travel expenses as funds allow.
- Al Evans reported on 2021 – 2022 funding and membership.
- 7 clubs are currently active with paid memberships.
- 92 members have paid dues in 2022.
- 45 youth members have paid dues in 2022.
- 2021 income: $51,534.45
- 2021 expenses: $54,983
- 2021 net income: (-$3,448.55)
- 2022 current bank account balance: $4,292.97
- Al proposed that we use Venmo or PayPal as an option for paying tournament winnings. Checks will not be presented at the tournament. They will be mailed within a week of the tournament for those who do not have Venmo or PayPal.
- Will provided conservation info.
- Ohio is using an online tournament permit system and it will be active soon. Will tested the system and users will be able to see all lakes, ramps and a calendar for tournament permit registration. There will be a requirement to report all catches.
- Will and Matt will attend the Conservation Summit at the Bassmaster Classic.
- We discussed providing receptacles for plastic baits and possible fishing line recycling at tournaments.
2022 Board Positions
- President: Danny Ryan is president through the 2022 season. The position will be open for reelection in 2023.
- Vice President/Tournament Director: A motion passed at the December 2021 meeting to combine the Vice President and Tournament Director roles. Danny will need to add this to the bylaws. Brandon Osting was voted in as the new Vice President/Tournament Director.
- Treasurer: Al Evans is the current Treasurer and the position is open for reelection this year. Al was voted in for another term.
- Secretary: Brian Mailot was appointed to the vacant Secretary position in November 2021. This position is open for reelection in 2023.
- Youth Director: Johnny Holton is the current Director and the position runs through the 2022 season. This position will be open for reelection in 2023.
- Web Master: Ben Stacy is the current Web Master and the position runs through the 2022 season. This position will be open for reelection in 2023.
- South Zone Director: Brian Mailot vacated this position in 2021 to accept the Secretary role. Damien Schmersal was voted in as the new Director.
- North Zone Director: Brandon Osting was the previous Director. Allex Conner was voted in as the new Director.
From the Tournament Directors Front Deck:
The Ohio Bass Nation presents the 2021 Club Championship Event on the Lake Erie. This is a 2 day event. The Top two teams from this event will make the State Team.
The rules for the tournament will mirror the Bassmaster Open Rules with Modifications. See the OBN Website for official rules. Each individual is responsible for knowing the rules along with the laws in Ohio and Michigan . Livewell checks will be conducted on the water, kill switches will be checked, and lights operational to launch. Safety must be observed. If your lights do not work you won’t be able to launch until safe light or you get your lights working (whichever happens first). Fish Care is very important to the OBN and B.A.S.S, so please be prepared to exemplify the best fish care that you can to help ensure that no casualties will occur during the event.
Team Check in Required morning of tournament each day . Check in time 5:00-6:00AM. You will need to check the OBN Website for info and your boat number.
Where: Lake Erie Sandusky Bay ( Shelby St. Ramp )
When: July 31, August 1st 2021
We need to have all boats in the water by 6:15AM Official Sunrise is predicted at 6:24 am
Flight 1 6:30 AM to 2:30 PM
Flight 2 6:45 AM to 2:45 PM (if required)
Weigh in starts approximately 3:00 PM
Off limits: All Canada waters due to the closed borders from Covid 19
Registration for this can be done on line at www.ohiobassnation.com by 8am on Wednesday July 28th, 2021. You must be a member of the Ohio Bass Nation to participate.
Tournament Director for the event is Will Presley. Phone number is (614) 778-4183. Email is email@example.com
Sincerely Will Presley “Chasing The Dream”